Thursday, May 07, 2009

"Faithful Forgiveness": the Perseverance of Forgiving Saints

What better way to kick off the podcast than with a sermon!

I preached my first real sermon ever recently. It was recorded, so I’ve decided to share it along with the manuscript. It’s on “The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant” in Matthew 18 and deals with forgiveness. It’s about 30 minutes long. Personally, being my own worst critic, I see many flaws in it (the structure was somewhat muddled, I talked too fast, and I somewhat went against the traditional interpretation of the text), but overall I was pretty happy with it. It seemed like the class was as well.

If you don’t have 30 minutes to spare, just listen to the last 8 minutes or so. I think that’s the point I hit my most significant “flow.”

http://reformandrevive.com/Faithful%20Forgiveness_%20the%20perseverance%20of%20forgiving%20saints.mp3

Go to the podcast website and click here for the sermon manuscript: PaulBurkhart.blogspot.com

No comments: