Monday, May 11, 2009

"Us & Them": The one New Man from every tribe, tongue, & nation

This was a message I gave at the Virginia Commonwealth University Campus Summer Fellowship. It was technically the first sermon I ever preached, though I typically don't count it. The original idea was to do a sermon on "Unity within the body of Christ." But as I soon discovered, just as in the Trinity, one could not divorce Unity from Diversity. I think the exegesis is surprisingly solid, even for having been so young at the time. The presentation, though, is another matter. I was so nervous and I went to far too many texts. Also, it was supposed to be 12-15 minutes. I went on for 35. Enjoy.

http://reformandrevive.com/us and them sermon.mp3

Go to the podcast website and click here for the sermon manuscript: PaulBurkhart.blogspot.com

No comments: